Industrial Relations Law (incorporating John F. Law & Associates) is a professional industrial relations and human resources consultancy specialising in all aspects of the employment relationship and beyond.
Established in 1989, John F Law & Associates has represented employer and employee clients in the Federal, New South Wales, South Australian and Queensland Industrial Relations Commissions (including Fair Work Australia) in unfair dismissal claims and the creation of various types of workplace agreements.
Services have been provided to government agencies and local councils in the public sector and a variety of private sector industries including manufacturing, wholesale, retail, real estate, aged care and education.
Industrial Relations Law provides a full range of human resource and industrial relations services including:
- Unfair Dismissal – advice & representation
- Underpayment of wages – advice & representation
- Employment contracts
- Workplace agreements – including acting as a Bargaining Agent
- Termination of employment, including redundancy
- Liaison with Fair Work Ombudsman
- Policy drafting
- Investigation of workplace grievances
- Manager coaching
- Training program
- Appropriate workplace behaviour (discrimination, harassment & bullying)
- Managing performance
- Obligations of a manager
- Selecting the right employee